Come join in THIS Thursday evening, 11 December, 6:30 to 8:30 PM, in the “Think Tank” Event Space at the illustrious NYU-Poly Incubator at 137 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, in Hudson Square (SoHo West) in Lower Manhattan. Here’s the complete description of our HCx3DP Meetup New York Event:
Highlight: we will have FOUR HCx3DP Experts on hand to enrich your evening—and your future thinking—about the fertile intersection of Healthcare and 3D Printing. Please see our Agenda below…
Welcome HCx3DP Synergist! (…present or prospective…)
Our “HCx3DP New York” Meetup—HCx3DP stands for “Healthcare Multiplied by 3D Printing”—is designed to help grow a community of Metro NYC “HCx3DP Synergists.” Together, we will strive to discover, learn, exchange and advance personal, commercial and common-good knowledge about the new, important and valuable at the exciting and empowering intersection of HC & 3DP in our New York City.
For further background on our Meetup directions (and planned “HCx3DP Ecosystem”), link to my Blog post of 27 October: “HCx3DP New York: The Launch of ‘Healthcare Multiplied By 3D Printing’ in the Capital of Healthcare & 3DP…” For an informal overview of the enriching action at our 12 November Meetup (our debut get-together!), please link to my 17 November post: Our New HCx3DP Initiative…Bettering NYC’s Health Via Three “Cs”: Community to Conference to Cluster!“
Building on our kick-off momentum of 12 November, we’ve scheduled our next Meetup for Thursday, 11 December, in the evening from 6:30 to 8:30 PM. Our NEXT venue is the “Think Tank” Event Space in NYU-Poly’s well-known, leading-edge, tech-based Incubator at 137 Varick Street (2nd Floor) in Hudson Square (otherwise known as SoHo West!) in Manhattan. (A very appreciative “thank you!” to the generous sponsorship of NYU and Steve Kuyan, Associate Director, Incubator & Entrepreneurial Initiatives at NYU’s Polytechnic School of Engineering.)
Hey, HCx3DP Community Members and Friends, if you’ve an appropriate event venue in mind—for January 2015 or further future—please lemme know ASAP! Key venue virtues include host co-aligned interests, gratis availability and reasonable access by public transportation.
We’re also working hard to keep improving on our first Meetup success. (An on-going challenge: I’ve received several emails of “congrats” from our attendees: I’m red-faced but VERY pleased.) Will evolve our agendas as we build value for our audiences—YOU! December 11 will have some similar features—because they worked well—to our Debut in November. December’s Agenda includes:
- 3D Printing Hands-On & Demos (by our fellow Meetup “Learn 3D Printing – Brooklyn”);
- Audience self-intros;
- The latest in my on-going series from our “HCx3DP Album of Innovation;”
- An informal panel of experts on topics of common interest;
- Audience suggestions for Meetup and Community betterment (e.g., panel topics, experts to recruit, directions we might go, etc.).
- Networking | networking | networking with light refreshments.
C’mon Back here to see our updates…
LAND , Group Organizer
Our Experts’ Topic for our 11 December HCx3DP Meetup-Event:
Eclectic POVs In HCx3DP: Our “Big Tent” Approach To HCx3DP-Community Building Garners Creativity Synergies From Diverse Sources…
Your “Take-Aways”—From Our 11 December HCx3DP Meetup—Will Stem From These Agenda Items:
(1) Agenda Item: greetings and orientation to “HCx3DP New York’s” structure, operating concepts & goals by me, Organizer Land Grant;
>> Take-Away: An operational understanding “HCx3DP New York” and its value to you, plus my self-intro and my plans to assure a rich and compelling HCx3DP environment for Members and attendees;
(2) Agenda Item: informal attendee self-intros, sharing of interests & expectations;
>> Take-Away: A personal view of fellow HCx3DP members and attendees, their topics of concentration and what they hope to get from their membership/attendance;
(3) Agenda Item: my short A/V presentation (a continually updated “work in progress”) on the latest developments in HCx3DP;
>> Take-Away: A visual “mental picture” with bullets, annotations and comments profiling the latest developments in HCx3DP technology and solutions;
(4) Agenda Item: a very-informal “panel” discussion with experts on some of the newest HCx3DP participants, innovations, creative techniques and fertile cross-overs at the exciting intersection of Healthcare and 3DP. followed by Q&A. Here are our projected panel participants:
Bradley Rothenberg — Innovating New Materials Via 3DP: Co-Founder of Bradley Rothenberg Studio in NYC; initially focused on fashion and apparel, BRS’s material and fabric breakthrough designs are beginning to find applications in novel Healthcare and industrial solutions—“making 3D printed parts better through…customization of micro-structures.” (Confirmed.)
Elena Ovaitt Weiss — Health Visualized Via Infographics: Founder, Ovaitt Health Media, NYC; clarifying complexity, accelerating understanding and empowering decision-making — at the intersection of HC & 3DP — with case studies. (Confirmed.)
Charles Driza IV— “Learn 3D Printing – Brooklyn” Meetup. Co-Organizer; NYC. Operating room by day [surgical robot support-team leader] and 3D printing by night. My goal is printing tools for use in the O.R. and having a blast doing it. (Confirmed.)
Derek Mathers (virtual appearance) — Expert on 3D Printing & Injection Molding in Healthcare: Business Development Manager, Worrell Design Inc., Minneapolis, MN; one of the leading industrial-design firms in medical devices, Worrell has just introduced “3D IM,” an innovative system for 3DP-modulated injection molding — a disruptive HCx3DP offering that promises to slash both time to market and medical-device costs. (Confirmed.)
>> Take-Away: An expert-guided appreciation for several distinct branches of Healthcare that will compel your new thinking aout HCx3DP.
(5) Agenda Item: a side-bar demo of 3D printing for the uninitiated by the Organizers of the Meetup “Learn 3D Printing – Brooklyn;”
>> Take-Away: A hands-on, up-close orientation around actual 3DP-desktop Additive Manufacturing, informed by free-form Q&A during demos and commentary.
(6) Agenda Item: ample time for networking and congenial cross-connecting (plus light refreshments).
In this and future meetups, we will seek to explore such topics (and those YOU suggest) as:
• 3DP-Empowered Personalized Healthcare;
• DIY/DIT Robo-Hands Movement;
• DIY/DIT Synthetic-Biology Labs;
• DIY/DIT Medicine: Maker Nurses;
• 3DP’d Non-Invasive ExoSolutions;
• Patient-Controlled Robotic Exoskeletons;
• Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine;
• 3DP’d Endodontia & Orthodontia;
• 3DP’d BioComposite Medical Devices;
• 3DP’d Medical-Model Planned Surgery;
• Bioprinted Replacement Soft Tissues & Organs;
• Drug Development Via 3DP’d Tissues;
• FDA Tissue-Toxicity Testing;
• Health-Promoting 3DP’d Nutrition;
• Space-Modulated Synthetic Biology; and
• So Much More In Daily Development…
So, join us—on the evening of Thursday, 11 December—to enjoy a deep dive into the booming HC sector of 3DP. Help us continue the Team-building of our Community of “HCx3DP Synergists!”
I look forward to “meeting up” with you…
3DP Journalist & “HCx3DP New York” Organizer
3DP Media | NYC3DP.com | 3DPI Ltd.